WHAT IS AROMATHERAPY?
Aromatherapy is the art and science of using 100% pure plant essences for healing body, mind and spirit. It is the treatment of ailments (therapy) with aromas (essences or essential oils of aromatic plants).
- Aromatherapy is one of the techniques of holistic, complementary, or natural medicine. It treats the whole body – mind, body, and spirit.
- Aroma-therapists, armed with technical understanding, artfully blend essential oils to produce new aromas.
- While there is general agreement about the actions of certain oils, aromatherapy texts vary in their descriptions of the properties and characteristics of an essential oil.
- Aromatherapy can be as much preventative as curative.
- Results of aromatherapy are very individual. No two persons are affected by the same essential oil in the same way. Even the same person can be affected differently by the same oil depending on surroundings, time of day or mood.